Guess what’s back? Back again. MY LOB!
I know I’ve talked about it like 3 times on this blog, but every time it gets a whole lot of traffic, so you people must really want to chop off your hair. My advice to you is DO IT. I have never regretted it, even when I got bad color/cut/etc. It’s hair. It really does grow back.
This time around I got my cut and color in Tampa. For the last three years, I’ve gone back and forth between NYC stylists with a mix of results (some were awesome and some were just okay, but still a whole lot of money). Anyway, I’m so glad I went back to Florida for this one. Teshawana was someone I found on Instagram (follower her!), creepily DM-ed her, and then set a time to drop by the CR La Mansion Salon to get a full haircut and color. My inspo was this photo on Pinterest, and though my hair is not exactly the same (because I have darker hair to begin with and also these photos are filtered) I LOVE the way it turned out.
I know people usually go darker during the winter, but for some reason I always opt for lighter. I think it might be something about hanging onto summer through my light hair. I also think I just wear so many dark clothes that having light hair spices up my typical all-black attire.
I wanted to share with you guys how Teshawna taught me to do beachy waves with my lob. She recommended a 3/4 inch barrel curling iron, but I used my wand, because that’s all I’ve got. I think it still worked though it would definitely be easier with a smaller barrel.
Here are the steps she took:
- Curl down and back for both front two strips.
- Repeat for the rest of the hair occasionally switching direction if you want it a little messier (I do that usually for the second or third strip from the front and then again in the back of my head).
- Leave all the curls tight while you’re working.
- Hair spray your entire head with the tight curls.
- Run your fingers through the curls to loosen them
- I usually shake my head a little to further give it volume.
Voilah! It’s done, and really not as hard to achieve as I thought it’d be. Admittedly, I do need a little more practice, but if you’re a faster learner than I you’ll do swell.
If you’re in Florida, definitely email Teshawna (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get an appointment and, regardless of where you live, check out her Instagram for inspo.
Want to win $400 to Nordstrom?!
I partnered with a few great blogger babes to give you guys this chance to win BIG. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Not so little fine prints:
- No purchase necessary. A purchase does not improve your chance of winning. Void where prohibited.
- Entrant must be 18 years old as of sweepstakes start date and a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia or Canada, as of start date.
- Sweepstakes begins Thursday, November 16, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. EST, and closes on Saturday, December 2, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. EST.
- Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Winners will be selected by random drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all entries received.
- Contest is in no way sponsored, administered by, or associated with Nordstrom, Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.